Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Concirrus’ vision is to support the commercial insurance industry by harnessing the Internet of Things (IoT) and vast datasets to uncover insights to improve risk selection, pricing, and management, ensuring a sustainable future for the sector.
We’re a high growth insurtech business with backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and offices in London, Delhi, Singapore, and Boston. We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, and art collectors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and looking for talented individuals excited by our vision and ready for an adventure!
We are currently seeking a Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our rapidly expanding London based team.
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Working within our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for crafting high quality, scalable software, taking functional and non-functional requirements and ensuring the end result is exceptionally reliable software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
We're looking for someone who believes that doing something twice is enough of a reason to script it for next time.
You will be responsible for executing test schedules as well as providing constructive feedback throughout the development lifecycle, so technical knowledge, confidence and excellent communication skills are essential.
You will have the ability to specify test strategy, analyse product changes, derive a test schedule for each release and pursue these through to product delivery.
You are an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key; at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.
- Collaborate closely with our product delivery team, performing testing across our web application. Code automation tests and perform manual testing within sprints and before releases.
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns as well as contributing to our standard operating procedures.
- Analyse and approve product requirements for testability, identify requirement defects by closely collaborating with Product Owners.
- Develop test strategy and test plan. Review test cases and ensure the Test Management system is regularly updated. Create and publish test summary and completion reports. Manage and publish test metrics data.
- Take ownership and pride over the software you test, attention to detail is key, ensuring support and continuous improvements to delivered software. Identify and escalate quality risks and issues in appropriate forums.
- Bring knowledge of the latest test automation technologies, industry trends and best practices to keep Concirrus at the forefront of technological advancement.
- Collaborate with the wider team, sharing ideas, knowledge and technical designs, as well as improve testability of the application. Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the junior team members.
- Deploy standard test case management, defect tracking practices in the project. Document and maintain Test artifacts.
- Ensure availability and stability of test environments.
- Active involvement in the Agile process and Release process. Promote In-sprint automation. Drive shift-left strategy and continuous testing by working closely with developers and dev-ops.
- Contribute to development of organization level testing standards, process & practices, test automation frameworks.
- Extensive software testing experience in a professional setting.
- Unix commands knowledge.
- UI Automation testing (Selenium, Cypress, JUnit, etc).
- API automation testing (Rest Assured, SOAP UI, Apache HTTP, etc).
- Coding experience with Java.
- Experience in performance testing (JMeter, Gatling etc.).
- Experience working with Agile and BDD practices.
- Experience on RESTful API (Postman) or browser DevTools usage.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases (MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra or similar) and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with Git or similar source control platforms.
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools like Fiddler, Postman etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles.
- Familiarity with non-functional testing (security, accessibility etc).
- Experience in QA lead role.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices close to Liverpool Street Station.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
If selected, the interview process will be as follows:
- Online code test (180 mins)
- Problem-solving interview (45 mins)
- Technical interview (45 mins)
- Hiring manager interview (45 mins)