Data Analyst - Reinsurance
Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today’s connected world is data, and we’re continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn’t just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
Our team does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London and Delhi NCR, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst - Reinsurance to join our rapidly expanding London based team.
Concirrus grew tenfold last year and we expect significant scale and international expansion through 2021. Taking the value of our technology to market is essential to our company’s success.
You will be at the vanguard of our rapidly scaling go-to-market machine. You will be the expert in the Automotive, Marine Hull, Cargo, and Aviation insurance industry’s challenges, translating and applying our data science and product features to real life customer scenarios. You will assist the Sales Team on complex, transformational deals and work closely with our internal teams on product and analytics projects. You will be working at the forefront of industry change, applying cutting edge technologies such as AI and Machine Learning to industry and customer challenges.
You will be versatile and proactive, learning and applying the latest Big Data and Data Science techniques to assist our clients in realising the value of our proposition.
- Produce advanced Python scripts in an automated fashion.
- Complete ad hoc analyses within strict deadlines.
- Scope analytics projects and automate the coding process.
- Create compelling stories that demonstrate our capabilities through professional PowerPoint slides.
- Present analytics insights to prospects and build professional reports.
- Provide software demonstrations.
- Explain our technology to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Liaise with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay ahead of the latest developments of our products.
- Work across multiple lines of business.
- Formal qualifications in Mathematics or Statistics (or related training) and an interest in up-skilling in Applied Data Science and Big Data skills.
- SQL/R/Python software capabilities to an intermediate level.
- Experience working as a Data/Actuarial Analyst or in a data-driven role, preferably in the Marine reinsurance sector.
- Experience using data and analytics to help inform business decisions.
- A collaborative and results-driven mindset, with the courage and mental agility to challenge the status quo.
- Passion for innovation, plus the ability to take people on a journey by translating your analyses into stories that capture the imagination of our clients.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to distil and clearly explain complex ideas, technologies and solutions.
- Strong organisational skills; capable of working with a wide range of stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines.
- Well developed presentation skills.
Nice to have:
- Managerial or leadership experience.
- Knowledge of Big Data and AI technologies.
- Knowledge of the Maritime, Cargo, Aviation or Supply Chain industries.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub almost on our doorstep.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.