Senior Frontend Web Developer
Concirrus’ vision is to support the commercial insurance industry by harnessing the Internet of Things (IoT) and vast datasets to uncover insights to improve risk selection, pricing, and management, ensuring a sustainable future for the sector.
We’re a high growth insurtech business with backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and offices in London, Delhi, Singapore, and Boston. We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, and art collectors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and looking for talented individuals excited by our vision and ready for an adventure!
We are currently seeking a Senior Frontend Web Developer to join our rapidly expanding London based team.
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Working within our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for crafting high quality user interfaces, taking high fidelity designs and turning them into beautiful software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
You should be a well-versed frontend developer, with a keen eye for design and attention to detail.
With a strong commercial background in web application development, you will understand development best practices and strive to build both beautiful interfaces and beautiful code.
You are an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts, you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key; at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.
- Working closely with the Product team in order to produce high quality outputs that deliver customer value.
- Taking high fidelity UI designs and user stories from designers and product owners, and crafting them into working software.
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns as well as contributing to our standard operating procedures.
- Taking ownership and pride over the software you develop, attention to detail is key, ensuring support and continuous improvements to delivered software.
- Bringing knowledge of the latest frontend technologies to keep Concirrus at the forefront of technological advancement.
- Following the secure software development lifecycle.
- Collaborating with the wider team, sharing ideas, knowledge and technical designs.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant.
- Active involvement in the Agile process and Release process.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material.
- 5+ years commercial web development experience.
- Strong comprehension of responsive design & frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Material UI, Foundation).
- Experience working with Web Services / APIs (REST/SOAP).
- Knowledge of component driven Front End development.
- Experience using graphing technologies (e.g. HighCharts, D3, Plotly).
- Familiarity with JS build systems e.g. Webpack, Gulp, npm etc.
- Ability to identify and adopt new technologies to increase efficiency.
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with minimum supervision.
- Experience in Agile development environment.
- Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Familiar/hands on with ES6.
- Insurance domain knowledge.
- Use of tools (e.g. Figma, Jira, Confluence).
- Understanding of unit testing frameworks for UI like mocha, chai etc.
- Understanding of error logging and routing frameworks for UI components.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies (EG MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra).
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices close to Liverpool Street Station.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
If selected, the interview process will be as follows:
- UI challenge (take home test, 3 hours)
- Technical interview (45 mins)
- Hiring manager interview (45 mins)
- Final round interview with Senior Frontend Developer (45 mins)