Head of Customer Success
Concirrus’ vision is to put advanced analytics in the hands of every insurer. By unlocking the insights held in the vast datasets available to insurers Concirrus can improve risk selection, pricing, and management, ensuring a sustainable future for the sector. Today we have > 20 major customers and these customers outperform the market by > 10% on their combined loss ratio.
We’re a high growth insurtech business with backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and offices in London, Delhi, Singapore, and Boston. We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, and art collectors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and looking for talented individuals excited by our vision and ready for an adventure!
We are currently seeking a Head of Customer Success to join our London based team in a key, ‘player-coach’ role. Our customers include leading global players in the insurance market. As well as helping our customers realise value from our products, you will manage the successful delivery of bespoke projects for some of the biggest names in the insurance sector as they transform their risk management models using insights from the latest developments in data science, AI, and machine learning. You will work closely with technical and non-technical colleagues to deliver a consistent and exceptional customer experience. You will also provide leadership to the Customer Success team (currently 3 people).
This is a great opportunity to deliver innovative technology to a sector steeped in history and help shape a successful and profitable future for insurance.
This is a ‘player-coach’ role, so as an experienced Customer Success professional, you will lead through coaching and mentoring as well as by example.
Reporting to the Executive Team, and with support from various internal teams, you will focus on delivering excellence in four key areas.
- Establish a customer success playbook based on your experience as well as accepted best practice.
- Enable team members to realise their potential through coaching, mentoring, and inspirational leadership.
- Develop KPIs and reporting processes to ensure transparency and clarity regarding the strength of our customer base.
- Set team objectives that align with strategic business objectives.
- Advocate for the team and serve as a ‘voice of the customer’ in high-level discussions with internal stakeholders.
- Provide tactical insight for board packs and investor reporting.
- Work with Sales Leadership to identify opportunities for growth and to ensure teams are collaborating and communicating effectively.
- Promote Concirrus values and culture by setting an example and actively developing a strong team spirit based on togetherness and excellence.
- Develop deep customer relationships centred on empathy and a drive to deliver a best-in-class customer experience.
- Manage and orchestrate key, flagship accounts.
- Help customers realise as much value as possible from our products.
- Provide high-level technical and product support.
- Collaborate with the Deployment team to ensure a smooth onboarding process and user activation.
- Support the sales team in identifying opportunities for revenue growth based on the needs and pains of our customers.
- Translate customer needs into billable opportunities, and project manage the delivery of them.
- Develop and execute strategic, multi-year plans to turn customers into strategic partners.
- Consolidate our client base and manage renewals.
- Project management for the delivery of Concirrus products and services to our clients, including:
- Collaboration and coordination with various internal teams to ensure smooth workflow and sensible timelines are agreed and met.
- Establish clear responsibilities and ownership of tasks.
- Ensure understanding of deliverables and accountability is communicated effectively with all stakeholders.
- Identify potential bottlenecks in the service delivery process.
- Continuous improvement of processes, including the identification of gaps, and suggestions, and the implementation of agreed improvements.
- Experience working in Customer Success, Client Services, or Account Management within the software/technology sector.
- Experience working in Specialty Insurance, Insurtech, Fintech, or B2B SaaS.
- Ability to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, leading by example to execute at speed, and with excellence.
- Coaching, mentoring, and team management experience.
- Ability to orchestrate exceptional customer experience by collaborating with colleagues and partners.
- Commercial acumen; ability to drive revenue growth through the customer success process.
- Patience and composure, ideally gained through working in a client service environment.
- Very strong all-round communication skills, including the ability to listen well.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Analytical and with an interest in emerging technology.
- A can-do attitude with an aptitude for creative problem-solving.
Nice to have:
- Experience setting up, managing, and growing a Customer Success team.
- Project management experience and/or qualification
- Continuous improvement experience or knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Marine and/or Property insurance.
- An appetite for mental challenge!
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices close to Liverpool Street Station.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
- Your CV, cover letter and screening question answers will be reviewed by the team and you will receive a response within 5 working days.
- Zoom interview with a member of the Customer Success team covering your experience and some values based questions.
- Mock customer call where you will receive a scenario beforehand.
- Final in-person interview and wrap-up.