Director of Product Management
Concirrus’ vision is to put advanced analytics in the hands of every insurer. By unlocking the insights held in the vast datasets available to insurers Concirrus can improve risk selection, pricing, and management, ensuring a sustainable future for the sector. Today we have > 20 major customers and these customers outperform the market by > 10% on their combined loss ratio.
We’re a high growth insurtech business with backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and offices in London, Delhi, Singapore, and Boston. We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, and art collectors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and looking for talented individuals excited by our vision and ready for an adventure!
We are currently seeking a Director of Product Management to lead our Product team and drive forward our core products – Quest.
You will have a track record as a Product Manager within the enterprise software/SaaS space, product function leadership experience, and a natural ability to energise your team. You will be hands-on, assuming the role of player-coach while you optimise the product management function. A keen commercial savvy should be complemented by a natural tendency for structure and scalable processes.
You will be comfortable delivering MVP, early stage, and established product roadmaps, and your external mindset will drive effective market engagement, gathering feedback, validating insights, and identifying value creation opportunities.
Success in the role will see you own and drive the product vision forward at the centre of the company. You will collaborate seamlessly with other core teams, including engineering, data science, and sales.
- Reporting into the Executive Team, lead the product management function, providing strategic direction, day-to-day structure, coaching, and performance management.
- Shape a compelling product vision and strategy (for multiple products) that galvanises the organisation and drives value for our customers.
- Ensure the product strategic direction is followed and embedded within the organisation.
- Embed an external product mindset within the team, embodying the generation of clear ROI for our customers, and driving value creation based on market feedback and insight.
- Establish world-class product management and release processes that optimise cross-functional collaboration and enable the delivery of best-in-class products.
- Champion and promote product best practice and operating principles within the product team and the rest of the organisation.
- Implement agile ways of working across product management.
- Work closely with the sales team on go-to-market strategies that drive market adoption, meet sales targets, and deliver value to our customers.
- Establish actionable metrics (at an individual and team level), ensuring there is timely and accurate reporting, both to the Executive team and wider company.
- Play an active role in hiring and developing existing team competencies, ensuring there are learning and development and career progression opportunities.
- Strong product management experience in an enterprise software/SaaS sector.
- Product function leadership experience, ideally managing cross-functional teams of 6-10 or more (Product Owners/Managers, BA’s, and Designers).
- ROI focused; ability to drive product delivery that creates customer value.
- Expert working knowledge of product fundamentals and best practices.
- Experience working within an agile product environment.
- Competent and comfortable with cloud technology, data and analytics.
- Excellent people and team-building skills; ability to energise and focus a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to insurance technology products.
- Experience working in a high growth company.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices close to Liverpool Street Station.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
- Video interview with the CEO and CTO (60 mins)
- Meet with the Product Team in the office (2 hours)
- Panel presentation to the Exec Team
- Board member interview
- Wider office meet and greet, plus closing session with the CEO