Senior Data Scientist
Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today’s connected world is data, and we’re continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn’t just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
- All delivered through beautifully designed web applications
Our product suite does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London, Delhi, Singapore, and the US, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly expanding London based team.
Developing products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. And we’re on the hunt for an exceptional Data Scientist to help shape Quest, our dynamic data platform that’s changing the game in commercial insurance.
You will enjoy working in a structured team environment. You will be inquisitive, and detail oriented, with the ability to create deep actionable insights, visualise data and build models for all aspects of our products. You will make use of diverse datasets ranging from commercial insurance to global sensor data gathered by our customers and internal teams. On top of this, you will enjoy interrogating data to understand the best way to clean, merge, and derive maximum insight from the available data feeds.
You’re in your element getting hands-on with various ML algorithms and approaches. You’ve created several predictive models from scratch, from initial concepts through to robust deployments in production, and you’ll have led all phases of Data Science projects.
You possess a deep understanding of all interdependencies, the challenges around data quality and the uncertainties around hypothesis validation. You’re motivated, inquisitive, and understand the potential of this data to the business. You enjoy a challenge and see the bigger picture of what is to be achieved.
This is an exciting and rewarding role requiring a smart, disciplined and experienced Data Scientist who is data savvy with a very good technical background in the application of Machine Learning (ML) and data analytics techniques.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team to deliver projects to an agreed schedule according to the business roadmap.
- Analyse and model structured and unstructured data using advanced statistical methods.
- Perform full modelling projects to create linear and nonlinear models, including: data ingestion, feature creation and selection, cross-validation, hyperparameter tuning and model assessment.
- Implement algorithms and software needed to perform analysis.
- Research and evaluate new approaches to derive benefit from the significant data assets available.
- Collaborate with Product teams to drive new product ideas and increase the value of data science within the product and organisation.
- Degree in Maths or Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years professional experience working as a Data/ML Scientist.
- Excellent self-management and prioritisation skills, and proven track record of delivering complex projects to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with other members of the team as well as communicating with stakeholders in the business and to clients.
- Strong data wrangling and processing skills along with a background in analysis and predictive modelling.
- Extensive experience with supervised classification and regression modelling using linear and nonlinear techniques.
- Knowledge of the full end-to-end modelling lifecycle from feature creation, selection, model-building, hyperparameter optimisation and model assessment.
- 3+ years Python experience and exposure to other programming languages.
- Strong problem-solving skills and inquisitive mindset.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Big Data.
- Experience using Apache Spark (preferably PySpark).
- Neural network and deep learning (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch).
- Understanding of Insurance related risk modelling and underwriting processes.
- Track record of working with cluster computing and distributed systems.
- Experience with command-line scripting, data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work in a Linux environment, processing large amounts of data in a cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Python and SQL, and preferably exposure to other languages.
- Apache Spark (preferably with PySpark) and Python pandas, numpy, scikit-learn.
- Supervised Learning (Regression, Classification), Unsupervised (Clustering), Dimensionality Reduction, Model Selection and Optimisation, Feature Selection, Metric Selection, Bootstrapping, Ensembling & Stacking Methods.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Pension scheme with generously matched contribution.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 25 days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices a stone’s throw from the culinary delights of Borough Market, and with a pub almost on our doorstep.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle2Work schemes, plus seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.