Senior Java Developer
Concirrus’ vision is to support the commercial insurance industry by harnessing the Internet of Things (IoT) and vast datasets to uncover insights to improve risk selection, pricing, and management, ensuring a sustainable future for the sector.
We’re a high growth insurtech business with backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and offices in London, Delhi, Singapore, and Boston. We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, and art collectors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and looking for talented individuals excited by our vision and ready for an adventure!
We are currently seeking a Senior Java Developer to join our rapidly expanding Noida based team.
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Working within our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for crafting high quality, scalable software, taking functional and non-functional requirements and turning them into exceptional software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
You will be a well-versed back-end developer, with the ability to solve complex problems with limited guidance and have a high sense of ownership and respect for the code you write and ship.
You believe that doing something twice is enough of a reason to script it for next time. You are an expert in taking a high-level system architecture and translating it into high quality low level designs and implementation approach.
With a strong commercial background in cloud application development, you will understand development best practices and strive to develop strong architectural design and justified technology choices, as well as build beautiful code.
You are an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts, you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key; at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with the Product Team, and studying system flows and data usage.
- Following the secure software development lifecycle.
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns as well as contributing to our standard operating procedures.
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems.
- Maintaining and improving existing codebases, and peer reviewing code changes.
- Collaborating with the wider team, sharing ideas, knowledge and technical designs.
- Investigating and using new technologies, programming tools or techniques where relevant.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions by developing written documentation, diagrams, code commends, and having clear code.
- Active involvement in the Agile process and Release process.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material.
- Involvement in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Being knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
- Communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- 5+ years of solid commercial development experience in Java.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, Data structure and Algorithms.
- Knowledge of the Java stack – Spring, Apache libraries and common open source frameworks.
- REST, API design & micro-services with exposure to GraphQL.
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elastic Search.
- Strong understanding of Linux distributions.
- Security aware at all stages of the development process.
- Comprehensive automated testing experience, continuous integration.
- Able to adopt and understand new technologies and utilise them efficiently.
- Passionate about code quality and readability.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Distributed cloud-based systems, services and architecture.
- AWS or other cloud platforms such as Azure and Google Cloud.
Nice to have:
- Containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Other NoSQL and Geospatial databases experience.
- Lambda architecture with Kafka as well as Storm and Spark.
- Flow based processing using Apache Ni-Fi or Airflow.
- Exposure to big data and advance analytics using Presto DB or similar technologies.
- Use of Jira / Confluence.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Quarterly employee growth review to encourage personal growth.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Private medical insurance (including dependents).
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 18+ days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices, easily accessible through the Metro.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
If selected, the interview process will be as follows:
- Online code test (120 mins)
- Technical interview (problem-solving)
- Technical interview (coding and design)
- Hiring manager interview