Senior Test Automation Engineer (SDET-2)
Concirrus is at the forefront of digital transformation in the specialty and automotive insurance markets.
Our talented team worked closely with the insurance community to create Quest. Quest is our expertly designed, intuitive, cloud-based digital underwriting platform built upon cutting edge technical architecture. Quest helps the insurance market seamlessly combine complex datasets, and using AI and machine learning, the platform analyses the data to provide insights to transform the way that underwriters select and price risk.
We believe that the key to delivering state-of-the-art insurance in today’s connected world is data, and we’re continuously evaluating datasets that will add value to our clients.
Concirrus doesn’t just want to see the insurance market survive, we believe that with the right tools, the industry could thrive. Customers rely on our team to deliver:
- Class leading datasets to enhance their understanding of real-time risk
- Streamlined data analysis and automated processes
- Cutting edge risk models driven by the latest developments in AI and machine learning to deliver greater efficiencies
- Transparent insights into the behaviours that correlate to claims
- The latest innovations in technology to help them succeed
- All delivered through beautifully designed web applications
Our product suite does the heavy lifting so that our clients can focus their expertise on innovative risk management and pricing.
We’re data scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, and insurance specialists. We’re also guitarists, rally drivers, athletes, art collectors and investors. We’re an astonishingly diverse bunch with shared values and this suits the way we work.
With backing from insurance and deep tech investors, and a passionate and driven team based in London and Delhi NCR, we’re looking for exceptional people excited by our vision to help us make it happen.
We are currently seeking a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Noida based team.
Developing market leading products that solve real problems for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Working within our Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for crafting high quality, scalable software, taking functional and non-functional requirements and ensuring the end result is exceptionally reliable software.
Effective communication of your ideas is essential as you'll be interacting with stakeholders throughout the business. You'll need to be able to articulate complex technical details clearly and concisely using non-technical terms.
This role is full of opportunity to innovate, design and create in a fast-paced environment where our focus is functional output and customer value, whilst maintaining a high level of quality within the software that we create.
We're looking for someone who believes that doing something twice is enough of a reason to script it for next time.
You will be responsible for executing test schedules as well as providing constructive feedback throughout the development lifecycle, so technical knowledge, confidence and excellent communication skills are essential.
You will have the ability to specify test strategy, analyse product changes, derive a test schedule for each release and pursue these through to product delivery.
You are an effective communicator with an inquisitive nature and logical mindset. Working with fellow developers, designers and business analysts you will help shape our product within an agile working environment.
The ability to take initiative is key; at Concirrus you will never be micro-managed as we believe that freedom breeds innovation and productivity. Asking questions is considered a strength and we hold each other accountable to the highest standards.
- Collaborate closely with our product delivery team, performing testing across our web application. Code automation tests and perform manual testing within sprints and before releases.
- Improving overall system quality by identifying issues and common patterns as well as contributing to our standard operating procedures.
- Analyse and approve product requirements for testability, identify requirement defects by closely collaborating with Product Owners.
- Develop test strategy and test plan. Review test cases and ensure the Test Management system is regularly updated. Create and publish test summary and completion reports. Manage and publish test metrics data.
- Take ownership and pride over the software you test, attention to detail is key, ensuring support and continuous improvements to delivered software. Identify and escalate quality risks and issues in appropriate forums.
- Bring knowledge of the latest test automation technologies, industry trends and best practices to keep Concirrus at the forefront of technological advancement.
- Collaborate with the wider team, sharing ideas, knowledge and technical designs, as well as improve testability of the application. Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the junior team members.
- Deploy standard test case management, defect tracking practices in the project. Document and maintain Test artifacts.
- Ensure availability and stability of test environments.
- Active involvement in the Agile process and Release process. Promote In-sprint automation. Drive shift-left strategy and continuous testing by working closely with developers and dev-ops.
- Contribute to development of organization level testing standards, process & practices, test automation frameworks.
- 7+ years of software testing experience in a professional setting.
- Unix commands knowledge.
- UI Automation testing (Selenium, Cypress, JUnit, etc).
- API automation testing (Rest Assured, SOAP UI, Apache HTTP, etc).
- Coding experience with Java.
- Experience in performance testing (JMeter, Gatling etc.).
- Experience working with Agile and BDD practices.
- Experience on RESTful API (Postman) or browser DevTools usage.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases (MySQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra or similar) and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with Git or similar source control platforms.
- Knowledge of cross-browser testing.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with diagnostic tools like Fiddler, Postman etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles.
- Familiarity with non-functional testing (security, accessibility etc).
- Experience in QA lead role.
As well as the opportunity to work on projects that you enjoy in an environment you’ll love, we like to look after our team members at Concirrus. Here are some of our perks…
- Flexible, outcome driven, working environment.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews.
- Quarterly employee growth review to encourage personal growth.
- Share option scheme so you get to own a piece of the pie.
- Private medical insurance (including dependents).
- Learning & Development fund for all employees.
- 18+ days annual leave (plus public holidays).
- Spacious, modern offices, easily accessible through the Metro.
- Coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled.
- Friday FED talks – like TED talks, but you get fed (on us).
- Monthly team drinks, birthday cakes and social events.
- Plus, we’re always on the lookout for creative ways to look after our employees and encourage them to come to us when they have an idea or need.
If selected, the interview process will be as follows:
- Online code test (180 mins)
- Technical interview (45 mins)
- Hiring manager interview (45 mins)
- Final interview with CTO (30 mins)